Yet another questionaire to fill out
1. What was the last movie you saw that you loved? The Queen with Helen Mirren, Stephen Frears and Peter Morgan.
2. What was the first album you owned? The Blues Project: Projections
3. What was the last book you read? Jean Cocteau: Past Tense, Volume 1
4. What's your favourite hangout? Moodus Sportsman's Club, an unidentified spot on the Salmon River, or some café in Paris on Montreal where I can sit for hours, read books, surf the internet or just people watch.
5. Do you have a pet peeve? Yes.
6. What's your idea of the perfect Sunday? Work out at the gym, followed by hiking in the woods alone, doing a lazy late afternoon read of magazines and books followed by a sumputous leisurely meal where somebody else cooks and the dishes are mysteriously cleaned and put away without notice.
7. What's your favourite junk food? White Castle microwavable cheeseburgers.
8. What are your vacation plans this year? I've already been to Amsterdam, Paris and Montreal this year. Be happy to go again but I don't think work would let me. Maybe the North Maine Woods in September for a couple of days. I wouldn't mind that.
9. What gadget or gizmo can you not live without? A Leatherman. [no folks, this not to be confused with Connecticut's Wandering Hobo nor has it anything to do with the Castro District. It's an actual tool!].
10.Do you have a hobby or habit that you think would surprise people? Yes.
11. What's your favourite piece of clothing? Heavy work boots and sweatsocks ~ any time of year.
12. What would you change about yourself if you could? Physically: Get rid of my gut and bluk up my arms and shoulders. Get in better touch with my Spirit side.
13. Whom do you most admire? Many folks, and for lots of different reasons: Buckminster Fuller, Emma Goldman, John Wesley Powell, Rockwell Kent, Martin Luther King, Justin Dart, Ian McHarg, Benjamin Franklin, Dorthea Dix, Leonard Roy Frank, Dave Brubeck and Frida Kahlo to name only a few.
14. What is your greatest extravagance? Books Lots and lots of books. Many of them pictures, graphics, art books, but lots of history, architecture, wilderness stuff and mid 20th Century American literature.
15. Have you ever been mistaken for a celebrity? Once, somebody said they thought I looked like Andy Warhol, though I was never able to figure that one out.
16. Do you have a favourite quotation? "We live in very stupid times" José Ortega y Gasset.
17. What is your greatest weakness? Pasta dishes with tomato and meat sauces.
18. If you are reincarnated who or what will you be? Karma would likely decide on this rather than I but if I could have a hand in it, some Great Statesman.
19. If you had to go back in time to live in another decade, which one would you choose? The 1970s.
20. If you could tag-team with anybody from any walk of life, who would it be? Steve McQueen or Will Rogers.
Incidentally, the questions were those asked of Chris Benoit in an interview first printed in the Edmonton Sun a few years ago.
Labels: 20 questions, memes